Clover’s Toy Box (as in Pandora’s box) is a project to develop a game engine for the successor to Turtle Arena and another game. The engine, named after Lycoris radiata subject to change to a common name, is expected to expand on ideas and goals from my Spearmint engine (albeit without Quake 3 compatibility). Clover’s Toy Box is currently being developed in private as proprietary software.
A long term goal is to port Turtle Arena from the Spearmint engine to use Clover’s Toy Box’s engine.
- First and third person perspectives.
- Network multiplayer and four player splitscreen.
- High quality text using FreeType 2.
- SDL 2.0 for window and input handling.
- OpenGL 2+ / OpenGL ES 2+ using GLSL.
- Soft particles, barrel view distortion, per-pixel motion blur.
Planned Format Support
- Models: IQM, and MM3D for source files.
- Images: KTX(?), and PNG for source files.
- Audio: Opus, and WAV or FLAC for source files.
- Levels: Unknown.
It’s pretty far from a playable game. There is very basic networked server/client support, ability to draw models and 2D menu, and move player.