Over 12 months of development. Over one thousand changes*. UI graphics larger than HD**.
Turtle Arena Zero Point Six
A fraction of the changes since Turtle Arena 0.4.3.
- Four player splitscreen!
- The turtles now have tails, like in the original TMNT comics.
- Added cel-shading to many 3D models (code from ZEQ2-lite)
- Remade many images at higher resolution (most or all UI/HUD graphics are “HD”)
- TrueType fonts are used by default and are rendered to screen size (always look nice).
- Redesigned main HUD area.
- Added joystick select menu.
- Created new texture for Overload base.
- Possible to play while hosting an internet server using the game client.
- Team name is now colorized in team play messages.
- Now uses dpmaster protocol, instead of quake3 master protocol, keeps the game separate on master server.
- Automatically choose next map in multiplayer using scripts/arenas.txt (and scripts/*.arena), allows new maps to be automatically be added to map rotation.
- Lots of fixes from ioquake3 contributers, updated from ioq3 revision 1794 to 2236.
- …and many other bug fixes and improvement!
- Removed Casey model as it was poorly modeled, textured, and animated.
- Removed most of the music as it did not meet Debian Free Software Guidelines (DSFG).
- Removed Wolf-ET weather effects due to being licensed under modified GPLv3 instead of GPLv2+.
- Removed OpenArena GPL sound effects (such as water splash) and did not replace them.
* Based on number of revisions made to Turtle Arena and those merged from ioquake3 and ioq3ztm.
** HD being 1920×1080. Many UI graphics would be rendered without upscale at 2048×1536.