Spearmint 0.3 adds new features and extends the mod APIs. See http://spearmint.pw for downloads.
Spearmint 0.3 is not backward compatible with Spearmint 0.2 VMs or renderers. The network protocol number was changed from 4 to 5 in order to separate Spearmint 0.3 game servers from previous versions.
- Added trap_DebugPolygonShow to Game VM.
- Added support for loading demos from system paths using demo command.
- Added support for passing demo filename to commandline now loads the demo (i.e.,
- Added r_colorize2DIdentity cvar to colorize 2D rgbGen identity for Q3Test and Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.2.
- Added r_globalLinearFogDrawSky cvar to use RTCW behavior of not drawing sky if there is far clipped globabl linear fog.
- Added far clip to refdef_t and trap_R_GetGlobalFog and trap_R_GetViewFog.
- Added fs_game to statusResponse.
- Fixed loading uncompressed DDS images.
- Made window resizable by default.
- Made client snaps cvar default to “” and have the server use current sv_fps value when client’s snaps is blank.
- Made trap_GetEntityToken stateless by passing a pointer to an integer to track the position in the entities string.
- Improved VoIP quaility by switching from Speex to Opus codec.
- Add dummy assert macro for QVMs so that native builds can use assert without ifndef Q3_VM.
- Enabled/fixed byte swapping functions available to QVMs for loading binary files.
- Fixed RTCW sky box portal being far clipped when linear fog was enabled by props_skyportal.
- Added centerecho console command.
- Made centered text wrap around when it’s too long to fit on the screen.
- Make cg_teamChatsOnly only affect team gametypes.
- Draw gappling hook at impact point (unless cg_drawGrappleHook is 0).
- Added cg_drawBBox cvar option to draw player bounding boxes.
- Readded spmap and spdevmap commands.
- Synchronize Team Arena voice icon time/voice text time.
- Removed gamename (“baseq3”) from statusResponse (conflicted with gamename Spearmint in infoResponse required by dpmaster protocol).
- Added gameversion (“baseq3-4”) to statusResponse containing the value that CGame checks to see if it’s compatible (currently unused).
- Fixed regression that caused bots to be stuck standing on the floor door in q3dm7.
- Keep walker bots walking when blocked.
- Dynamically compute bot formation space.
- Make bots unblock teammates.
- Make bot ignore some enemies when activating entity.
- Make bots activate entities in battle chase/retreat/NBG.
- Make bot only activate entity if it’s blocking route.
- Give bot more time to get item after activating entity.
- Make bots return to previous AI node after activating entity.
- Added teleport server command like setviewpos but specifies which player (for debugging bots).
- Fix “brought in 1 skulls” Harvester message.
- Make grappling hook move with platforms and pull player with using flight power up.
- Allow spectators to use noclip.
Spearmint 0.4 is planned to be released on August 13 2016.