Spearmint 1.0.3 fixes a couple issues in Team Arena and a few other obscure issues. Download it at https://clover.moe/spearmint.Continue reading Spearmint 1.0.3 released
The website for ioEF binaries and source code patches (thilo.kickchat.com on archive.org) went offline around July 2018. I sent Thilo Schulz an email about it in April but I haven’t heard back.Continue reading ioEF preservation
Maverick Model 3D 1.3.12 adds shift key behavior for tools in texture coordinate editor, allows easier conversion of skeletal animations to frame animations, and fixes several issues.
Download it at the Maverick Model 3D webpage.Continue reading Maverick Model 3D 1.3.12 released
ZTM’s Flexible HUD mod for ioquake3 release 7 is a minor update to improve video mode selection in Quake 3 and Team Arena menus.
These changes were merged from ioquake3. Two changes from myself and two contributed by others.
- Add custom video mode (if in use) to Quake 3 and Team Arena menus. This fixes the custom resolution being changed to a built in mode if one uses the Quake 3 system menu and unable to change video mode using mouse in Team Arena.
- Use video modes supported by your display (such as 1920×1080) in Team Arena system menu as already done in Quake 3 menu.
- Prevent Q_IsColorString from asserting on negative ascii chars (by kungfooman).
- Allow overriding build date in q3rcc for reproducible builds (by bmwiedemann).
Clover’s Toy Box development posts for 2017 and 2018. I originally shared these privately but now I’ve collected them all to publish.
Clover’s Toy Box (as in Pandora’s box) is a project to develop a game engine for the successor to Turtle Arena and another game. The engine, named after Lycoris radiata subject to change to a common name, is expected to expand on ideas and goals from my Spearmint engine (albeit without Quake 3 compatibility). Clover’s Toy Box is currently being developed in private as proprietary software.
Maverick Model 3D 1.3.11 adds support for exporting Studiomdl Data (SMD) models, improves Milkshape 3D (MS3D) model support, and fixes many issues.
Download it at the Maverick Model 3D webpage. Continue reading Maverick Model 3D 1.3.11 released
ZTM’s Flexible HUD mod for ioquake3 release 6 is a minor update to fix two Team Arena issues. These changes were also in Spearmint Quake 3 1.0.1.
- Fix changing Team Arena statusbar (normal or small) in menu while in-game not applying widescreen adjustments for power ups area and voice chat head.
- Make Team Arena prevTeamMember command loop around player list.