Category: Development

  • Clover’s Toy Box 22.12

    Clover’s Toy Box development: adding an audio mixer, expanding DDS image support, and year’s end recap.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 22.10

    Clover’s Toy Box development: adding Wolfenstein model formats, MP3 with metadata, and vertex tangents.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 22.09

    Clover’s Toy Box development: rendering Heavy Metal FAKK2 models, supporting more SDL features, fixing platforms I don’t usually test, and more.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 22.07

    Clover’s Toy Box development: rendering Star Trek Voyager—Elite Force MDR models, Doom 3 MD5 models, browsing archives, and various issues I ran into.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 22.04

    Clover’s Toy Box development: A 10th anniversary, Turtle Arena performance, ANGLE, OpenGL 1.1, and Android.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 2021

    Another year of working on rendering and game data formats in Clover’s Toy Box.

  • Quake 3 1.16n

    We did not receive the source code for versions prior to 1.32c and there is no way for us to go back to 1.16n or other old versions. For the very few mods that require 1.16n, there is no way to make them work on ioquake3. (or view on I read this in […]

  • Clover’s Toy Box 2020

    In 2020 I continued working on rendering for Clover’s Toy Box.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 2019

    This year a lot of progress has been made on geometry and text rendering for Clover’s Toy Box.

  • Clover’s Toy Box 2017-2018

    Clover’s Toy Box development posts for 2017 and 2018. I originally shared these privately but now I’ve collected them all to publish. Clover’s Toy Box (as in Pandora’s box) is a project to develop a game engine for the successor to Turtle Arena and another game. The engine, named after Lycoris radiata subject to change […]

  • 10 Years of Quake 3

    October 10th 2018 is the 10 year anniversary of when I started modding ioquake3. It was my third attempt at creating a Ninja Turtle fangame within a three year time period. I intend to release Spearmint 1.0 as the end result of 10 years of working on the Quake 3 engine. On October 10th I’m […]

  • Coming this October

    “There should be a new Turtle Arena 0.7 release in the near-future, hopefully next month.” —March 30, 2013 “hahahahaha. By ‘next month’ I obviously meant 2017.” —November 3, 2015 I am planning to release Spearmint 0.5 and Turtle Arena 0.7 on Friday the 13th of October 2017. Turtle Arena 0.7 is does not fix any […]