Spearmint 1.0.2 fixes IQM player models, using TrueType console font, and some other issues. Download it at https://clover.moe/spearmint.
There are a few bug fixes for things could be used by server game mods (listed under common) but none are used by Spearmint Quake 3 / Team Arena servers.
- Fix filename tab-completion without a specified directory. It affected music, play, and testmodel commands.
- Fix IQM with no frames crashing R_ModelBounds(). It happened with IQM player head models.
- Add workaround for client error when using HTTP download. Reported by mecwerks.
- Fix rendering IQM models between model frames.
- OpenGL2: Fix cg_fadeExplosions when r_dlightMode is enabled.
- OpenGL2: Fix DDS loading when GL_EXT_direct_state_access is supported.
- Fix game resolution when compiled against macOS 10.15 SDK (by Ryan C. Gordon and patch by Tom Kidd).
Game Logic (mint-arena)
- Fix QVM printf %g trailing zero removal.
- Change console to use “LiberationMono-Regular.ttf” TrueType font included with Spearmint 1.0.0. Previously the “LiberationMono-Bold.ttf” font was not found and the console would fallback to using the original Quake 3 bitmap console font.
- Fix third person lightning bolt when missing Lightning Gun weapon model.
- Fix lightning bolt being fired from corpses. Corpses didn’t have a weapon model and checked the living player to see if lightning bolt should be drawn. Reported by ZaRR.
- Fix keyboard selection order for “joystick analog” option in Quake 3 controls menu.
- Fix Quake 3 team orders menu not listing bots that joined before you.
Leave a Reply